10 Reasons why you need a Travel Insurance
There are hundreds of circumstances that could cause you to cancel your trip, return home early or force you to seek emergency medical treatment while traveling.
To demonstrate the importance of purchasing travel insurance, and emergency travel services, here are 10 common examples of what could go wrong.
- You and your immediate family arrive at the airport waiting to board your flight scheduled at 10am, only to find that your flight has been delayed to 4pm. Who will pay for your inconvenience?
- Your bag was lost with your prescription medication inside. You need help to locate your bag as soon as possible and have your emergency prescription filled. Who do you call?
- On your first visit to Europe, your passport and wallet are stolen. Who do you turn to for assistance to locate the Malaysian Embassy to replace your passport?
- You’re involved in an accident and adequate medical treatment is not available. Who will help arrange and pay for a medical evacuation?
- If your mother-in-law becomes seriously ill and you must cancel your trip, what happens to your non-refundable deposits or pre-payments?
- You arrive in China and your luggage doesn’t. If it’s lost, who will assist to locate your luggage? If it’s delayed, who will pay for your inconveniences? If it’s stolen, who will pay for the replacement?
- You’re walking down a street in Paris and twist your ankle. Who can help you find an English-speaking physician?
- 2 days after your arrival in Australia, your son in Malaysia is diagnosed with high fever and hospitalized for 2 consecutive days and it requires your attention. Who will pay if you want to return to Malaysia?
- You are hospitalized due to an accident in Bangkok and no one at your bedside is there to take care of you. Who will help arrange an immediate family member to visit you?
- Your hospital expenses are up to RM 300,000 due to an accident in China. Who can help guarantee your hospital bill?
With Travel Assist, we will provide you 24 hours worldwide assistance to solve your problems.
Number of claims cases paid by Chartis Malaysia Insurance Berhad:
|• 6,400 Flight delays||• 2,000 Trip cancellations|
|• 15,000 Medical expenses reimbursement||• 83 Medical evacuation & Repatriations|
|• 3,000 Baggage related claims|
*Number of cases updated as of June 2009